Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Black Parade

Listening to the new My Chemical Romance album right now, pretty good stuff so far. A much different sound than what I am used to from them, but very nice. Just got done playing a pretty awesome game of Ultimate. I very much enjoy playing Ultimate, especially with the team I have right now. I am going to be sad when I graduate and I can't play with all these guys again...

I am so stoked, I get to register for my final semester of college tomorrow. I usually am excited about registering, just because that means its getting close to the end of the semester and such, but this is so huge. I won't have to do this again. This will be it.

Kinda speaking on that graduation subject, I applied for my first job today. Two years ago (almost) I had applied for an internship at Skyline Technologies in Green Bay. I know a guy that works there and he threw my name in there and I interviewed for the internship and everything. The guy seemed to really like me and I was offered the internship, the only problem was that they didn't want me just for the summer, they wanted me over the fall too (that would have been last fall), meaning I would have to miss school. After serious consideration (since the money would have been AWESOME and the experience would have been great), I declined, stating I didn't want to miss school and just wanted to finish..good reason I felt. Only 3 months after that, I found the job at the University Store, which I am still at. I feel that was really a god-send, since the amazing experience I have gained here at the store is pretty much unsurpassed (as well as the awesome people I have met and worked with :)) The guy that I interviewed with at Skyline was really cool about everything and told me to contact him again if I needed anything...so I did tonight - with my resume and application for a job next summer. Yeah, it is kinda early, but how sweet would it be to already have a job before my final semester starts? I would feel so secure already, plus who knows, I could go out to GB a couple times before summer starts, do some training, have a little leg up before I actually start full-time. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, and I have put my resume out at a couple job websites too, but man, this job at Skyline would be sweet as hell.

Besides that, we look toward the holidays and spending some time with our families. Things have gotten a little murky with that...Kirsten's rents were originally going to be in Washington over X-Mas, so the majority of our time would be with my family...well now come to find out Lori's mom (who has had some problems in the past) is sicker than originally thought and they aren't really sure how long she is going to make it (long story, don't really want to get into it)..long story short, they are most likely canceling their trip, which kinda messes up our plans. But we pretty much got it figured out now, so it shouldn't be too bad. But man, this having to split time crap is annoying. I hope we won't have to do this forever...just make people come to us when we move back, lol.

I am looking forward to finishing this semester and looking toward the future. I will have to focus big-time on my final CIS class next semester, but that is about it. I will be very antsy all semester, I already know it...will have to be working on training a new guy at work and just ready to get outta here, lol.

Keep Kirsten's Grandma in your thoughts and prayers and cross your fingers for my job, this could be a big chance for me!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My Chemical Romance is totally emo, emo boy!

And I wish I would have taken graduation slightly more seriously last semester. I didn't apply anywhere for work until after I graduated, but it did lead to a good month of completely slacking and playing WoW, but man was my pocket book empty by the end of that!

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:10:00 PM, Blogger AndyMan said...

Hey...so what, emo can be fun :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home