Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Welcome to the land of fatherhood!

It has been over a week now and I know some people are dying to know details and such, so I figured I should probably post about it - I am a dad!!!  Kirsten went into labor last Tuesday (November 6th) at 6am, just as I was getting up for work (how convenient!)  We went to the hospital around 9am and at 6:09 that evening, our wonderful darling daughter Grace Ann was born!  She weighed in at 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 21 inches long.  She is absolutely gorgeous and it was really the most amazing moment of my life when she was born.  Not only that - but I have a lot more respect for Kirsten and for ANY woman that has ever given birth.  Kirsten had an epidural so some of her pain was subdued, but I know she was still hurting (and obviously feeling the effects afterwards too) and she admitted that it is the hardest thing she has ever done.  I could never imagine doing something like that myself and it just made me love her that much more.

As far as Grace - wow.  She is absolutely adorable and precious and I can't believe that Kirsten and I made her...we got to go home last Thursday and while those first couple of days were nerve-racking, things are easier now.  I am in the middle of a week of personal leave, which is nice.  I get to help Kirsten get into a routine with her and spend some quality time with the both of them.  She is a decent sleeper so far, getting up only once or twice throughout the night.  Kirsten and I switch off on the nights, so we aren't both dead to the world the next day.

It really was an amazing experience though, and many thanks to all the congrats from everyone, it's nice to know there is so much support out there :)

 

Baby Grace Closeup

100_0832

100_0872

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Yours Truly said...

Freaking adorable brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home