Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Tales from the Windy City - Day 3

I must first say - the Sears Tower is fucking amazing. Pardon my french, but it really is. But more on that later.

We had our second of three classes today. It was a deeper look into what we learned yesterday, and quite a bit helpful. And it sounds like our last class is just going to be all programming - right up my alley!

Onto the food side of things, you know, the things that matter when you are traveling! We had breakfast at the same place as yesterday, Chef Petro's, and it was just as good. I had some super thick french toast (it was seriously like, this ... | | thick! (as to scale as I can do, haha)

We had Chipotle for lunch - and that likely sounds familiar to a lot of you, since it is a fairly popular chain, and one just opened up in Appleton! Now usually that wouldn't be something I would like, mainly because I am not a fan of the spicy - I like my tacos with meat and cheese. No more no less. Well, turns out I can get just that at Chipotle! So I did - steak tacos with cheese, and they were actually pretty damn tasty. A little bit on the spicier side, but nothing too ridiculous (bearable, in other words, heh)

We then went to the Sidebar Grille for supper. A fancy grille with a bar and some nice HD-TVs all over the place. And $11 burgers. So they have to be good, right? Well, you certainly would hope so! I got one of the burgers and they WERE really good. Nice soft buns, thick meat, nice and pink inside...

...wow, that is quite dirty sounding ;)

But yeah, pretty good burgers. After supper, we decided to try the Sears Tower again! It was overcast this morning, but a really damn nice night. Clear skies, good temp, so we walked down to the tower. Quite a few others had the same idea as us, but it wasn't overly crowded at all. We watched a short video about the tower (just a little clip from something on the History Channel) and then headed up the Skydeck! It is the 103rd floor of the 110 floor building - so quite high, obviously. I took some pictures with my phone, so they didn't turn out overly great, but still show how absolutely amazing the view is from up there. And since we were up there at 7PM, we got to see the city all lit up. It was just really cool. Quite the marvel of modern archetecture, much like a lot of the other buildings in the city. Just really freakin' cool to see. And I of course got a couple little gifts for my girls, but I don't want to spoil the secret here ;)

Once I get home (only two days!!), I will toss the pictures I got on here for all to see. You can definitely tell how much of a "small city" boy I am with how much I am gushing about Chicago, haha. Typical tourist ;)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, October 09, 2008 10:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for presents! hehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home