Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy birthday to ME!

Hooray for birthdays! I have always enjoy birthdays, even if I didn't do anything but just chill (although, I usually do SOMETHING) To start off my 22nd birthday, I had an interview at Alliance Laundry Systems in Ripon. I was a little worried about it, but not too bad, I usually don't fret too much about interviews, then I just get worked up and nervous, heh. The drive, despite what many people think, wasn't that bad. It could be the fact that I haven't been on 41 in a while and am just used to traveling 10, but it really wasn't bad. The interview itself, I felt, went pretty well. I felt very confident and even thought it was tough at times, thats what I have come to expect with interviews. Going into a profession like mine especially, these aren't going to be cakewalk interviews anymore. They want to make sure they get the best of the best and they will put you through the ringer if they have to. Well, I felt pretty good driving home, hoping I would hear something in a day or two. About 2 hours later...I get a call from the CIO...OFFERING ME A JOB!!! I had hoped I would get an offer, but I honestly didn't expect to get a call so soon...and based on the amount I was offered and after talking to Kirsten, I am going to take it :) I just need to send back the official offer letter when I get it and I will start next week. I am actually pretty freakin' stoked too, this company seems like a really great place to work and all the people I met today were really nice and I could see myself going far in the company. I am going to need to bust some ass in the beginning to get up to speed, but I expected that, and I am the type of person that will do anything to get up there and make sure I make a good enough impression so they know they made the right decision ;)

As far as the rest of life, I couldn't be happier. I graduated on Sunday and that was pretty awesome. It is unreal to think that four years of your life can fly by so fast, but there it went...just when it seemed like yesterday I was walking across the stage at Appleton West receiving my high school diploma, suddenly I am walking across the stage at Point...graduating college. It was great to see a lot of my friends there too and although I didn't get a chance to stop out by Probst's Grad party, I know I will see them again...it was just awesome. It feels SUPER awesome to finally be back in Appleton...our house is finally starting to look like a house...and feel like one too. Kirsten's pregnancy is going along very well, we got to hear the heartbeat yesterday which was really freakin' cool. Overall, life is starting to finally smile upon us. We were a little worried that it would take me longer to find a job, but I honestly feel like we got blessed with this one, and I have a really good feeling that is going to turn out to be awesome. Hooray for awesomeness :)

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first time you use the phrase "Hooray for Awesomeness" on site here we will slow roast you over a spit.

Just an FYI.

Hugs and Kisses,

The CIO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home