Thursday, October 09, 2008

Tales from the Windy City - Day 4

Nothing like watching The Office on a nice, large LCD flatscreen TV. And chilling on my LAST NIGHT in Chicago! It was a fun time, but I MORE than ready to see my girls and hold them and kiss them and see them smile in front of me (and not through the awesome pictures and videos that Kirsten has been sending via our AWESOME phones) Hang on...

...commercial break! So we started our third and final class today. Quite a bit more info than the first three days - probably mainly because we have had so much info already and there just isn't much more room left for it. On the plus side, we are a bit ahead of schedule and it sounds like we are going to get out a little early tomorrow, which is great! Jason and I hit up Chef Petro's again for breakfast this morning - pretty sure 3 days in a row constitutes us as regulars now, doesn't it? It really is a great place though, really good breakfasts for pretty darn cheap and nice home-town feel service. For lunch, we had Potbelly's again...I got the smoked ham sub again. I should have gotten the meatball sub to try something different, but I didn't think of it until later. Oh well, it was still quite tasty.

For supper, we went to the Italian Village. And let me tell you...wow. I have always been a fan of italian food, and no, not just Chef Boyardee for you smarty pants out there (*ahem, Kirsten*) --hold that thought...

Okay, I am back :) Now, Italian Village. Fan-freakin-tastic. It is actually three italian restaurants in one - and it was the first Italian restaurant in Chicago. I don't know if all three are the same age or how that works, but regardless. I had ravioli with meat sauce and it was really awesome. I then got a piece of cheesecake to go. Ooooh boy, was that a treat to have when I got back here :)

Overall, I would have to give the Chicago food a 4.5 outta 5. It was really cool to try something different just about every day and get to enjoy all the different types and such. GAH! Heroes commercial! Must...mute...TV...okay, much better. I haven't seen the new episode yet so I don't want anything ruined.

So I am sick of all the election BS going on, but man, SNL is hilarious. I do admit I haven't watched much of it lately, but I love the stuff they do with politics.

But yeah...as far as Chicago, it was a good time, but I am more than ready to be home. It is neat to have the opportunity to even do stuff like this for my job and to further my experience and all that good stuff. I enjoy traveling, but I really do miss my girls. They are everything to me and I really can't wait to see them :)

Haha, Bill Murray! Nice! (Sorry, watching the live SNL thing on right now, good stuff)

Tomorrow, we are going to be checking out in the morning before we hit class, and then likely just hitting up one of the (no joke) 5 or 6 Dunkin Donuts just on the way to our class for breakfast. Seriously, it seems like once Chicago finds a place they like, they duplicate it as much as they can (and this is just in the 2 or 3 square-mile area that we have been walking in all week!) Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins, StarBucks, CVS Pharmacy, Potbelly's, etc...it's just funny. We are having Gino's deep dish meat lovers pizza (I think I am drooling just thinking about it...) so we don't want to fill up too much on breakfast (and really, you can't get anything at Chef Petro's and NOT be filled up) So we are just going to grab a donut on our way and enjoy our last day of class. I can't wait to go home!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home