Friday, March 23, 2007

A change would do you good....

Ah Sheryl Crow, you speak to the core of me with that song, lol. Change is all around me these days, some major HUGE changes in fact. Firstly, some bad news: our lovely car, the precious 1988 Chevy Corsica that we have been driving for the last year and a half has finally perished. Well, I shouldn't say finally - the thing ran like a charm the entire time we had it, no problems whatsoever. It was a beauty. Then, randomly, the engine decided it wanted to start sucking up oil like it was going out of style. We went in to get it looked at and as we got into the parking lot of the auto place, the engine stalled. The auto guys told us that it seized up and would need to be replaced, a replacement that doesn't come cheap and wouldn't be worth it on a car of that age. So needless to say, Kirsten's dad has upped the car search for us ten fold (he had been looking for a second car for when we moved back) Because Chad is a kick ass dude, he is letting us use his car for the time being (mainly so Kirsten has a way to work) and hopefully Rick will find us something within the next couple of weeks.

Then comes the crazy awesome good news which totally put this whole car thing out of my mind. I am going to be a father. Yup, you read correctly, do not adjust your monitor: Kirsten is pregnant. We found out the same night as the whole car fiasco. It was the second test she had taken in a couple of days (we weren't sure the first one was right, although how do you mess up peeing on a stick? lol) We had been trying for a baby for a few months, with no luck. Yeah, obviously it takes some time, we just figured that it would take a little longer. Well, Kirsten's emotions have been up and down like mad lately (even more than usual, hehe) and things just seemed a little different (plus she was late, heh) So we went for a test and sure as shit - we are going to have a baby. I don't think it has truly sunk in it...my parents and her parents are freakin' ecstatic, which makes us really happy, and everyone I have told so far is so happy for us. I really appreciate all the support from everyone...it just really hard to believe that I am going to be a dad. I have always loved little kids, I am the oldest of all my cousins (and siblings, obviously) and have always felt like more of an uncle type figure than a cousin, I've pretty much babysat for most of them and always have wanted kids...but now that its reality, its like...woah, this is for real now! I know that Kirsten and I are going to make kick ass parents because we both had kick ass parents who raised us to be awesome people. We are just so very much excited...

What a crazy year (hell, even MONTH!) this has turned out to be already...graduating college in two months, getting a new job (hopefully a career), buying a HOUSE (which I cannot WAIT to move into), getting a new car, and now - a baby. Hello, real life - my name is Andrew, be nice to me :)

PS - Kirsten figures she will be due around mid-November-ish (she is going to see a doctor soon to figure that all out I am sure) so be sure to keep us in your prayers and pray for a healthy (and cute!) baby :)

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:11:00 PM, Blogger john said...

I will give you 100 dollars if the birth lands on my birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home